Top-up Property Modules
The Society is delighted to provide members with this opportunity to expand your learning and up-skill in respect of property specialisms and to acquire additional accredited certificates which, when combined with your existing third level qualifications, may fulfil the academic requirements of obtaining a State licence to practice as a Property Services Provider (PSP).
Valuations Principles & Techniques
This certificate lays down the theoretical basis for later advanced valuation modules of the programme. Particular emphasis is placed on the learner grasping fundamental property valuation principles and techniques. The syllabus is broad in scope, providing the learner with an understanding of the valuation of various legal property interests using basic valuation methodologies. The learner is also introduced to the concept of property as an investment medium.
Building Construction – Basic Science and Technology
This certificate introduces the learner to domestic construction technology and to the range of principles and functional and performance requirements of constructional elements. It examines the practical means of achieving those requirements in the context of low-rise domestic construction. This certificate also provides the learner with a sound grasp of the basic science and technology required to understand the construction process.
- Course is delivered at a City Centre Location – To be Confirmed
- 13 Classes per module (Commencing 17 Nov 2017)
- Classes will be held Friday 2pm – 4pm (Building Technology) and 4.30 - 6.30pm (Valuations)
- The programme will be assessed in line with DIT Regulation and Standards by means of continuous assessment and end of year formal exams
- A DIT CPD Certificate(s) will be awarded on successful completion of each module(s)
- Each certificate is awarded 10 ECTS
- Each certificate is allocated 26 contact hours
- Each certificate will have a requirement for self-directed study hours
- Content will be delivered by a mix of industry practitioners experienced in delivering on academic/practical topics as well as academic lecturers.
€800 per Certificate for Members; €950 per Certificate for non-Members
€1500 for two Certificates for Members; €1800 for two Certificates for non-Members
To be eligible to apply to enter a module you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Hold a University Degree or equivalent, (i.e. a qualification at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications of the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland).
- Have passed all subjects in the IAVI Residential & Land Agency Course. The Course is now discontinued, it ran from 1991-92 to 2005-06.
- Have a minimum of five years relevant experience in the property profession and be at least 23 years of age.
- Have successfully completed the SCSI/DIT (formerly IAVI/DIT) Higher Certificate in Property Studies. This Programme has been discontinued. It ran from 2006-07 to 2011-12.
- Have passed all subjects in the IAVI Direct Final Examinations. This programme was discontinued in 1999.
*Limited Places Available: Please contact email@example.com for further information and application.