Assistant Project ManagerPosted: 12/09/2018 13:32
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you’re an experienced Assistant Project Manager and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on.
Join our Fit Out team as an Assistant Project Manager and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
We are seeking to locate a career minded APM to support our team on on-going design & build projects within the Fit Out sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
- Assist in the delivery programmes of work to meet defined objectives
- Responsible for Assisting the Senior PM team in delivering their of work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls, and will have significant technical knowledge and experience
Overview of Role:
- Assist & aid the PM team in the delivery of a project or projects ( Commercial Office Fit Out / Retail / Banking Fit Out) with reasonable complexity up to Euros 50m + in value - to budget, quality and time metrics
- Help the PMs interpret and communicate project support policies, processes and systems
- Work with the SPMs in the team work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls, and will have significant technical knowledge and experience
- Work within established financial systems and clear project objectives to produce plans, schedules and track budgets, highlighting variances in order to manage and control project delivery targets
- Assist to manage small to medium scale projects or programmes of work, ensuring appropriate use of resources to deliver the required scope of work within set deadlines
- Present any project risks or issues to senior managers to ensure the project is not adversely impacted, and ensure the delivery of projects to compliant standards
- Analyse and review a range of data to identify key themes and trends and use the outputs to produce recommendations that support project decision-making
- Use knowledge and experience to review project processes and policies, providing advice to support management in developing and improving processes and systems
- Advise colleagues on issues relating to own projects, providing subject matter advice in order to support delivery and ensure there is alignment between policy and operational practice
- Collaborate with stakeholders and third party contractors, in order to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and expectations
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant business experience including management of projects ranging from Euros 5 million to 50 Million Plus
- Previous PM experience ideally in Construction sector
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with peers and senior colleagues and build and maintain relationships
- The ability to negotiate and manage relationships with external stakeholders
- Commercial acumen and organisational understanding
- A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
- Attainment of OR near attainment of relevant professional certification or chartered status
- Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.