TOBIN Consulting EngineersPosted: 11/09/2020 10:33
The Quantity Surveyor duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of cost estimates throughout the various stages of the design and pre tender
- Prepare Tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Advise the Client on procurement strategies.
- Implement Value Engineering opportunities, managing VE opportunities.
- Assist in establishing client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies of design options and additional items.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Contract administration.
- Prepare and analyse tender costings.
- Assist the QS Team in providing advice on contractual claims.
- Manage the change order process.
- Value and approve completed work and certifying payments to consultants and contractors.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Assist the QS Team in managing and agreeing the final account for the projects.
- BSc Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years post-graduation experience.
- Chartered Membership of SCSI/RICS preferable but with the intention to achieve chartered status; Proficient in use of Excel, Cubit and Buildsoft.
- Attention to Detail including good presentation and writing skills.
- Strong construction knowledge and experience in Building and Civil Works Projects.
- Firm understanding and working experience of Contracts and Procurement methods including GCCC Contracts